Quickserver Gateway (Serial-Ethernet)
QuickServer is a high performance, fully configurable, cost effective Building and Industrial Automation gateway for integrators to easily interface devices to networks in commercial buildings and industrial plants.
System integrators world-wide have benefitted from the value of the powerful line of interoperability gateways offered by FieldServer. Now, QuickServer adds to that value by running the same robust FieldServer protocol conversion software on a highly cost effective platform backed by the experience, engineering expertise and proven technical support that integrators have come to expect from FieldServer.
QuickServer is available in two series. The FS-QS-10XX Series is preloaded with two BAS drivers (serial, Ethernet and/or LonWorks) from a choice of Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, BACnet/IP®, BACnet MS/TP, LonWorks®, JCI Metasys® N2 and SNMP. Each QuickServer can handle up to 250 points.
The FS-QS-12XX Series QuickServer is available to use any Serial, Ethernet or LonWorks driver in the extensive FieldServer driver library. The FS-QS-12XX Series can handle up to 500 points and is available with a choice of RS-485, RS-232 or RS- 422 serial ports, KNX or M-Bus, in addition to Ethernet and LonWorks (optional).
Each QuickServer includes browser-based tools to make it easy to set-up QuickServer and perform diagnostics including determination of status, network settings, node information, map descriptors and more. The USB flash drive also includes the Discovery utility to determine what FieldServers are on a network.
The Modbus TCP Driver allows the FieldServer to transfer data to and from devices over Ethernet using Modbus TCP Protocol. The Modbus TCP driver uses port 502. This port is not configurable. The driver was developed for Modbus Application Protocol Specification V1.1a" from Modbus-IDA. The specification can be found at www.modbus.org. The FieldServer can emulate both a Client and a Server simultaneously on the same ethernet port.
The information that follows describes how to expand upon the factory defaults provided in the configuration files included with the FieldServer.
There are various register mapping models being followed by various vendors. To cover all these models FieldServer uses the following three Models
- Modicon_5digit – Use this format where addresses are defined in 0xxxx, 1xxxx, 3xxxx or 4xxxx format. A maximum of 9999 registers can be mapped of each type. This is FieldServer driver’s default format.
- ADU –Application Data Unit address. Use this format where addresses of each type are defined in the range 1-65536
- PDU –Protocol Data unit address. Use this format where addresses of each type are defined in the range 0-65535.
The key difference between ADU and PDU is for example if Address_Type is ADU and address is 1, the driver will poll for register 0. If Address_Type is PDU, the driver will poll for address 1.
Note 1: If vendor document shows addresses in extended Modicon (i.e. 6 digit) format like 4xxxxx then consider these addresses as xxxxx (omit the first digit) and use either ADU or PDU
Note 2: The purpose of providing 3 different ways of addressing the Modbus registers is to allow the user to choose the addressing system most compatible with the address list being used. At the protocol level, the same protocol specification is used for all three with the exception of the limited address range for Modicon_5digit.
The Metasys® N21 by Johnson Controls network supports communications with a diverse range of devices. Many N2 compatible devices use their own version of the protocol and care must be taken to ensure that the device of interest is covered by the FieldServer implementation.
At present the FieldServer Metasys® N2 driver will support communications with the following devices or classes of devices when acting as a Client:
- N2Open-compliant devices. N2Open is a published N2-compatible protocol enabling 3rd party device vendors to integrate with N2.
- VMA 1400 series (with restrictions)
- DX9100 and XT9100
When acting as a Server the FieldServer Metasys® N2 driver can emulate an N2Open device only.
Quickserver Gateway (Serial-Ethernet)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 75oC (-40 to 167oF)
- Relative Humidity: 5-90% RH non-condensing
9-30V DC or 12-24V AC
- FS-QS-1010, FS-QS-12X0: 240 mA
- FS-QS-1011, FS-QS-12X1: 250 mA
- Slave: 550 mA @ 12V
- Master (1 Slave): 580 mA @ 12V
- Master (64 Slave): 980 mA @ 12V
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 4.5x2.9x1.6 in. (11.5x7.4x4.1cm
- Weight: 0.4 lstrongs (0.2 Kg)
- Input voltage: 24 V DC nominal: 10-30V DC
- Capacity: 250 points FS-QS-11XX. (500 points FS-QS-12XX)
- Tastrongle, Wall or DIN rail mount
- strongaud: 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200
- Start strongit: 7, 8
- Stop strongit: 1, 2
- Parity: Even, Odd, None
LonMark Certification on the QuickServer FS-QS-1XX1-XXX
- SPID: 80:00:95:46:00:84:04:01
- Profiles: 0000 - Node ostrongject (1), 0001 - Open Loop Sensor Ostrongject (5), 0003 - Open Loop Actuator Ostrongject (5)
- Ethernet: 1, 2
- Parity: 10/100 strongaseT
- TUV Approved: to UL 916, EN 60950-1, EN 50491-3 and CSA C22.2 standards
- strongTL Mark:
- LonMark Certified: (FS-QS-1011 and FS-QS-12X1)
- RoHS Compliant
- GOST-R Certified
- CE and FCC