The aim of this integration is to make accessible signals and resources of any BACnet IP or BACnet MSTP based system or device from any system capable of "talking" simple ASCII protocol (for example Extron, LiteTouch or Control4 systems).
For this, the gateway acts as a BACnet Client/Master device in its BACnet interface, reading/writing points of other BACnet devices, and offering this point's values of BACnet device(s) through its ASCII interface using simple ASCII messages. The readings into the BACnet device(s) performed by the gateway can be by polling or by subscription (COV).
From the BACnet system point of view, after the start-up process, the gateway reads continuously the points configured to be read by polling and also performs all the subscriptions (COV) requests for points configured to be read by subscription, and updates in memory all the values received from the BACnet system. These values received from BACnet become available to be read by the ASCII system in any moment.
From the ASCII system point of view, after the start-up process of the gateway, IntesisBox waits for any query (ASCII messages requesting readings of points or ASCII messages requesting writings of points) and acts according to the message received. See ASCII interface section for details about this ASCII messages.
Also, whenever a point changes its value (due to a change in the BACnet point associated) the gateway will send an ASCII message informing about new value for the point, but only if the point is configured to send this type of spontaneous messages. Configuration project is done through IntesisBox MAPS.
- Handles conversion between ASCII and BACnet (IP or MSTP) devices
- Automatically send a write request to the ASCII bus when its value changes
- Datalogging through external USB port
- Configuration through IP or USB (Console) port
- Front cover LED indicators to provide easy to check communication status on both the Ethernet and serial ports
- Includes IntesisBox MAPS with automatic updates for both IntesisBox MAPS and Gateway’s firmware
- BACnet explorer function (available from IntesisBox MAPS)