The XML to BACnet IP Gateway connects to an Ethernet enabled device that responds to commands XML commands. This implementation of the XML to BACnet IP Gateway communicates using specific XML commands and URLs to get data from and change parameters on a Functional Devices Rib Wi-Fi device. The Gateway can be configured to connect to multiple Rib devices.
The Gateway connects to the Rib device, reads data, and stores it internally. When a remote system requests data, the data is served in a form that is appropriate to the requesting protocol. In this case the protocol is BACnet IP.
The Gateway can also receive BACnet IP Write Property requests to certain points that will cause the Gateway to send XML write commands to the end Rib device.
CAS Hardware 700
The CAS 700 Hardware device contains 2x 9-pin serial ports (1x RS485 and 1xRS232), and one Ethernet port. The device also contains a microSD card where system files, assets, configurations, and logs are stored.
The device has the following system drivers that can be enabled:
- HTTP REST Server - a passive web server with an API that users can interact with the device to get or set values
- HTTP Push Driver - a driver that can be configured to push data in a specific format (JSON, XML, CSV) to a 3rd party web server. Current data formats are Chipkin's default JSON payload and VeederRoot Tank data as JSON. Please contact Chipkin for information on adding additional formats.
Functional Devices RIB
The CAS Functional Devices RIB driver allows the CAS Gateway to read data from a Functional Devices RIB device over Ethernet TCP/IP. The CAS Gateway can connect to multiple Functional Devices RIBTW2401B-WIUI-N4 and RIBTW24B-WI-N4 devices and send HTTP requests to read data and command the devices.
The CAS Functional Devices RIB driver supports the following functions:
- Status - Gets the current data
- Ribon or riboff - Commands the Wi-Fi RIB relay
- Pwr=off, on, or last - Commands the Power On State
- Dry=off or on - Commands the Binding State.
Modbus RTU Driver
The CAS Modbus RTU driver allows the CAS Gateway to transfer data to and from devices via a serial RS485 connection using the Modbus protocol. The CAS Gateway can either be a Client, reading and controlling values from a slave, or a Server, serving data to a Modbus Master.
The CAS Modbus RTU Driver supports the following Modbus Functions:
|- 01 (0x01) Read Coils||- 05 (0x05) Write Single Coil|
|- 02 (0x02) Read Discrete Inputs||- 06 (0x06) Write Single Register|
|- 03 (0x03) Read Holding Registers||- 15 (0x0F) Write Multiple Coils|
|- 04 (0x04) Read Input Registers||- 16 (0x10) Write Multiple Registers|
BACnet IP Driver
The CAS BACnet IP driver allows the CAS Gateway to transfer data to and from devices over Ethernet UDP/IP using the BACnet IP protocol. The CAS Gateway can either be a Client, reading and storing values from a BACnet device, or a Server, making data available as BACnet objects.
The CAS BACnet IP Driver supports the following BACnet Services:
|- Who-Is||- Who-Has|
|- Read Property||- Read Property Multiple|
|- Write Property||- Write Property Multiple|
|- Subscribe COV||- Time Synchronization|
Note: Chipkin is always updating the BACnet IP Driver. For a recent list of supported services, please visit www.chipkin.com or contact us. If there are services that you require that are not listed, please contact us to discuss how we can add them to the driver.
Web (HTTP, XML, REST, Json, MQTT) Driver
The Web Diver allows for data to be monitored by remote systems running applications that can issue HTTP or SOAP/XML GET requests – such applications can be easily developed by end users. Of course, this data is available using an Internet Browser such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome
CAS Hardware 700
The following specifications are common to all Chipkin gateways.
- Certifications: UL and ULc approved
- 10/100BASE-T with RJ-45 connector
- 1x RS232 port
- 1x RS485 port (different models have additional ports)
- Power: 7 - 24 VDC through an external power supply. (12V @ 90mA)
- Operating temperature: 0 - 70 °C (32 - 158 °F)
- LEDs: link, speed/data, power
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 107 x 83 x 25 mm (4.2 x 3.25 x 1 in.)
- Connection type: RS485 (jumper change to RS232)
A quick start guide with instructions for some of the basic operations of the CAS Gateway product line. Includes instructions for the following:
- Detecting the CAS Gateway via the computer and settings its IP Address
- Downloading the Firmware to the CAS Gateway
- Downloading the Assets to the CAS Gateway
- Downloading the Configuration to the CAS Gateway