Multiport Gateway (Serial-Ethernet-LonWorks)
This protocol translator/gateway provides a wealth of features to enable data transfer between different devices and networks utilizing serial, Ethernet or LonWorks ports. The extensive library of FieldServer drivers provides easy interoperability with devices and networks used in building automation, HVAC, fire and process control industries.
The FS-B3510 is one of the FS-X30 Series FieldServers designed to meet the needs of system integrators in designing a complete interoperable system. The FS-B30 Series brings together the powerful FieldServer driver library with state-of-the-art gateway design. This FieldServer includes four serial connections (two RS-232, two RS-485), two Ethernet ports, and a LonWorks port. The multiport design allows for serial-to-serial interfaces or interface from mulitple serial products to an Ethernet or LonWorks network. The two Ethernet ports enable the integrator to connect a PC to download configuration changes without disturbing the system connections and without the additional cost of an external hub.
The Veeder-Root Serial Driver allows the FieldServer to transfer data to and from devices over either RS- 232 or RS-485 ports using Veeder-Root protocol as defined in Veeder- Root Document 576013-635 Revision J. The Veeder-Root Driver supports TLS350 as per Veeder-Root Document 576013-635 Revision Y, and TLS450 as per Veeder-Root Document 577013-950 Revision G. Since the data protocol is the same for the TLS-350+ as for TL-S350, it is assumed that the driver will support the TLS350+ but this has not been tested. The Driver also successfully communicates with the TLS-450 as it has the same data protocol. Please refer to the driver manual for hardware connections.
The FieldServer emulates a Client.
The Veeder-Root Serial Driver is a poll response driver. Only one query or command can be processed at a time.
A limited set of the queries and commands defined in the protocol specification have been implemented. The reason for the limitation is two-fold. Firstly, not all commands/queries will have any meaning to a Server device as they are principally defined to configure the Veeder-Root Device. Secondly, some commands return very complex data sets which cannot be processed in a method suitable for loading into the FieldServer’s Data Arrays.
The driver is capable of exposing its communications statistics which allows them to be monitored using a Server device.
Supported Veeder-Root products
The Veeder-Root Gateway supports the following Veeder-Root Products:
- TLS-450 PLUS Automatic Tank Gauge
- TLS4i / TLS4c Automatic Tank Gauge
- TLS-350 Automatic Tank Gauge
- TLS-350 Plus Automatic Tank Gauge
- TLS-350R Automatic Tank Gauge
- TLS-300C/I Automatic Tank Gauges
- TLS-2/P Automatic Tank Gauge
The Metasys® N21 by Johnson Controls network supports communications with a diverse range of devices. Many N2 compatible devices use their own version of the protocol and care must be taken to ensure that the device of interest is covered by the FieldServer implementation.
At present the FieldServer Metasys® N2 driver will support communications with the following devices or classes of devices when acting as a Client:
- N2Open-compliant devices. N2Open is a published N2-compatible protocol enabling 3rd party device vendors to integrate with N2.
- VMA 1400 series (with restrictions)
- DX9100 and XT9100
When acting as a Server the FieldServer Metasys® N2 driver can emulate an N2Open device only.
Multiport Gateway (Serial-Ethernet-LonWorks)
- Ethernet Ports – 2: 100 BaseT RJ45 connector (auto MDIX and sensing) with ESD protection
- Serial Ports – 5: 2 x RJ45 RS-232 galvanically isolated with ESD protection. 2 x RS-485 galvanically isolated with ESD protection. 1 x RJ45 RS-232 system port.
- LonWorks – 1: FTT-10 twisted pair. 1000 Network variable capability. LonWorks service pin
- Auxiliary ports – 2: 2 x USB ports. Expansion: Fieldbus connectors available for selected protocol
- Operating Temperature: 0-60°C (32-140°F)
- Relative Humidity: 10-90% non-condensing
24V AC (+/-10%) or 12-30V DC @ 12W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 6.3x5.4x2.0 in.(16.0x13.7x5.0cm)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (1.5 Kg)
- Input voltage: 24 V DC nominal: 10-30V DC
- Capacity: Base system has 1000 point capability (upgradeable to 10,000 points)
- Mounting Options: Desktop, Wall, Panel Optional: DIN rail
Power, Run, System Error, Configuration Error, and Node Offline
Ethernet connection– Link OK, Tx/Rx communication activity
RS-232/RS-485 – Tx/Rx communication activity
LonWorks - Activity
Communication, Option, Drivers
Memory upgrade for additional data points
Custom Configuration Service
Drivers available for a wide range of Ethernet and social protocols
- CE Marked
- CSA Certified: UL916 Standard and CSA @ 22.2
- DNP 3.0 Tested
- RoHS Compliant
- GOST-R Certified
- FCC: Part 15
- LonMark Certified
- Modbus Tested
- BTL Certified