Quickserver Gateway (Serial-Ethernet)
QuickServer is a high performance, fully configurable, cost-effective Building and Industrial Automation gateway for integrators to easily interface devices to networks in commercial buildings and industrial plants.
System integrators worldwide have benefitted from the value of the powerful line of interoperability gateways offered by FieldServer. Now, QuickServer adds to that value by running the same robust FieldServer protocol conversion software on a highly cost-effective platform backed by the experience, engineering expertise and proven technical support that integrators have come to expect from FieldServer.
QuickServer (Serial-Ethernet) is available in two series:
The FS-QS-1X10 Series is preloaded with two BAS drivers (two RS485 serial ports and one Ethernet port) Drivers from a list of over 150 protocols. There is a basic QuickServer that can handle up to 250 points and an enhanced QuickServer that can handle 500 points.
The FS-QS-1220 Series is preloaded with two BAS drivers (one RS485 serial port, one RS232 serial port, and one Ethernet port) Drivers from a list of over 150 protocols. Each QuickServer can handle up to 500 points.
Each QuickServer includes browser-based tools to make it easy to set-up QuickServer and perform diagnostics including determination of status, network settings, node information, map descriptors and more. The USB flash drive also includes the Discovery utility to determine what FieldServers are on a network.
The Metasys® N21 by Johnson Controls network supports communications with a diverse range of devices. Many N2 compatible devices use their own version of the protocol and care must be taken to ensure that the device of interest is covered by the FieldServer implementation.
At present the FieldServer Metasys® N2 driver will support communications with the following devices or classes of devices when acting as a Client:
- N2Open-compliant devices. N2Open is a published N2-compatible protocol enabling 3rd party device vendors to integrate with N2.
- VMA 1400 series (with restrictions)
- DX9100 and XT9100
When acting as a Server the FieldServer Metasys® N2 driver can emulate an N2Open device only.
The BACnet®1suite of drivers is designed to workwith the FieldServer products. One or more driversusing different Data Link Layer options could beconfigured to act as a gateway between BACnetsystems and RTU, SCADA's and PLC’s using a widevariety of protocols.
This is relevant to the following FieldServerDrivers:
- FS-8700-16 BACnet/PTP
- FS-8700-73 BACnet/MSTP
- FS-8700-07 BACnet/ARCnet
- FS-8704-06 BACnet/IP
- FS-8704-02 BACnet/Ethernet
Quickserver Gateway (Serial-Ethernet)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 75℃ (-40 to 167°F)
- Relative Humidity: 5-90% RH non-condensing
9-30V DC or 12-24V AC
(RS-422 = 15-30V DC or 12-24V AC)
(M-Bus = 12-24V DC)
Current draw: @ 12V
- FS-QS-1010, FS-QS-1210, FS-QS-1220: 240 mA
- Slave: 550 mA @ 12V
- Master (1 Slave): 580 mA @ 12V
- Master (64 Slave): 980 mA @ 12V
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 4.5x2.9x1.6 in. (11.5x7.4x4.1cm
- Weight: 0.4 lbs (0.2 Kg)
- Input voltage: 24 V DC nominal: 10-30V DC
- Capacity: 250 points FS-QS-11XX. (500 points FS-QS-12XX)
- Table, Wall or DIN rail mount
- Baud: 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200
- Start Bit: 7, 8
- Stop Bit: 1, 2
- Parity: Even, Odd, None
LonMark Certification on the QuickServer FS-QS-1XX1-XXX
- SPID: 80:00:95:46:00:84:04:01
- Profiles: 0000 - Node object (1), 0001 - Open Loop Sensor Object (5), 0003 - Open Loop Actuator Object (5)
- Ethernet: 1, 2
- Parity: 10/100 BaseT
- TUV Approved: to UL 916, EN 60950-1, EN 50491-3 and CSA C22.2 standards
- BTL Mark:
- LonMark Certified: (FS-QS-1011 and FS-QS-12X1)
- RoHS Compliant
- GOST-R Certified
- CE and FCC