FieldServer QuickServer Gateways
Chipkin has been working hand in hand with Sierra Monitor from the beginning. We have developed many of their drivers and continue to do so today. As value-added developers, We have the capabilities to add additional protocols to the QuickServers not supported by the original manufacturer. We know the product to source code level. If anyone has the capabilities to ensure you succeed in your integration, we are it. Don’t hesitate to CONTACT US for a free consultation. Below is a general overview of the QuickServer flavors.
The QuickServer: A high-Performance Protocol Gateway
The QuickServer: A High-Performance Protocol Gateway for Building and Industrial Automation is a powerful line of interoperability gateways designed to provide integrators with a highly configurable, cost-effective solution for interfacing devices to networks in commercial buildings and industrial plants. Built on the same robust FieldServer protocol conversion software used in other FieldServer products, the QuickServer is a DIN-rail mountable device that comes preloaded with 140+ different drivers, including Modbus, BACnet, SNMP, EtherNet/IP, and many more. With point capacities ranging from 250 to 10,000 points, there is a QuickServer model suitable for nearly any application.
QuickServers come in several models, the Main models are the Dual Ethernet QuickServer (FS-QS-3XXX), the Standard QuickServer (FS-QS-2XXX) and the Classic QuickServer (FS-QS-1XXX). The difference between them is the number of hardware ports and security features they support. They are designed for integrators to easily interface devices to networks in commercial buildings, campuses, and industrial facilities.
There are Six standard models that come in basic (250 points) or enhanced (500-10,000 points) and can connect to serial (RS485 and RS232), Ethernet, and/or LonWorks as well as KNX and M-Bus.
Dual Ether Port QuickServer
The Dual Ethernet Port QuickServer is our most premium and secure QuickServer for those searching for the most advanced and secure networks.
The QuickServer FS-QS-3X10-F series is available at four different point capacities. The standard models come in basic (250 points) or enhanced (10,000 points) and it supports 1 RS485/RS232 Port, 1RS485 Port, and two Ethernet ports.
Using a dedicated port for Cloud connectivity, the QuickServer enables data to move seamlessly across disparate subnets, using the two Ethernet ports.
QuickServer Features and Benefits:
The QuickServer is designed to make it easy for integrators to set up and configure the device for their specific needs. Some of the key features and benefits of the QuickServer include:
- Interface 250-10,000 device points: The QuickServer is available in five different point capacities, allowing integrators to select the model that best matches their application requirements.
- BTL certified and carries the mark: BTL (BACnet Testing Laboratories) certification ensures that the QuickServer meets BACnet standards and interoperability requirements.
- LonMark certified: LonMark certification ensures that the QuickServer meets LonWorks standards and interoperability requirements.
- BACnet COV support: QuickServer supports BACnet COV (Change of Value), which allows for fast data communication while reducing traffic over a BACnet network.
- Multiple communication options: QuickServer offers RS-232 or RS-485 serial port options in addition to Ethernet, LonWorks, RS-485, M-Bus, and KNX.
- Multi-configuration capability: QuickServer offers specific configurations that are selectable via DIP switches or software.
- External DIP switches and LED lights: QuickServer has external DIP switches and LED lights that aid in easy set-up and operation.
- Mounting options: QuickServer offers flat panel mount standard and DIN rail mount options.
- Flexible baud rate and node ID selection: QuickServer offers DIP switches to select baud rate or node ID on the fly.
- On-board diagnostics: The QuickServer includes built-in diagnostics that make it easy to troubleshoot issues with both serial and Ethernet communications.
- MSA Grid registration: QuickServer devices can be registered with the MSA Grid, which enables secure remote access for diagnostics, monitoring, and firmware updates.
- FieldSafe security options: The QuickServer offers a range of security options to ensure that the device is protected from unauthorized access. These options include web configuration page authentication (self-signed certificates) and robust user and password management features.
Newer Models of QuickServers
When purchasing a QuickServer, we recommend sticking to the newer Models. They are:
- FS-QS-3010-F: Supports up to 250 points
- FS-QS-3110-F: Supports up to 500 points
- FS-QS-3210-F: Supports up to 1,000 points
- FS-QS-3310-F: Supports up to 3,000 points
- FS-QS-3410-F: Supports up to 5,000 points
- FS-QS-3510-F: Supports up to 10,000 points
- FS-QS-2010-F: Supports up to 250 points
- FS-QS-2210-F: Supports up to 500 points
- FS-QS-2110-F: Supports up to 1,000 points
- FS-QS-2310-F: Supports up to 3,000 points
- FS-QS-2410-F: Supports up to 5,000 points
Each QuickServer model comes preloaded with the same 140+ different drivers, allowing integrators to easily interface devices to networks using a wide variety of protocols.
Please find generalized Hardware models of the QuickServers below:
QuickServer Protocol Driver Library:
Below is the QuickServer Protocol Driver Library list. We carry integration solutions for most popular protocols and manufacturers. If you do not see a specific manufacturer or PRotocol listed below, please contact us and let us know what you're looking to integrate. Our Gateways can connect Modbus RTU/TCP, BACnet IP/MSTP devices with over 140+ different protocol connections and, if we don't already have a solution, we can develop one specifically for you.
- Allen Bradley CSP (TCP/IP)
- Allen Bradley DF1
- AO Smith (AINP & PDNP)
- ATMI ACM
- ATMI TGM
- Avigilon ACM driver
- B&B Electronics SDD16
- BACnet Ethernet
- BACnet MS/TP
- BACnet PTP
- Barrington-MicroStar Snoop
- Carrier (DataLink and DataPort)
- Caterpillar M5X
- Cisco Energywise Endpoint
- Cisco Energywise Management
- Cleaver Brooks (CB-Link)
- CS Telnet
- Danfoss AK255
- Data Client
- DNP3 Ethernet
- DNP3 Serial
- Eddy Solutions
- Edwards IO - FX - VS Panels
- EKM Meters
- EOS Lightmedia
- EST3 ECP (UTC Security)
- EST3 Quickstart (UTC Security)
- Farenhyt Series Black FACP x
- Federal Signal Ultravoice
- Fike Cheetah ISCAN
- Gamewell - FCI (710, 720, E3)
- Gardner Denver
- GE MarkIV Speedtronic
- GE Prosys Panel
- GE TL1
- GE TLC
- Hach Ultra - Met One R4800 Counter
- Hanning & Kahl HCSR
- HGP Ground Power
- Hochiki FireNet
- Hochiki FireNet Plus
- Honeywell Analytics IR-148 Infratox
- Honeywell Analytics System 16 & CM4
- Honeywell HUS CCTV
- HTTP Data
- HTTP Push
- HTTP SenseAnywhere
- HTTP Trigger
- Hunter Industries - ACC Irrigation Controller
- Hunter Industries - ACC2 & ICC2 Irrigation Controller
- Hunter Industries - ACC2 Irrigation Controller
- Integlex FACP
- Lutron Integration over Telnet x
- Lutron Machine
- McQuay Microtech Open
- Metasys N2
- Mircom FX2000
- MIRCOM Pro2000 Fire Panel Interface
- Mitsubishi CHC
- Modbus ASCII
- Modbus Daniels
- Modbus Omniflow
- Modbus RTU
- Modbus TCP/IP
- Modbus TekAir
- Multistack Compu25
- Mydax Chillers
- Networked Robotics NTMS4
- Nohmi Multicrest FACP
- Notifier 1010/2020
- Notifier AFP 200/300/400
- Notifier CEI-ABI
- Notifier INA
- Notifier Italia AM6000
- Notifier NCA
- Notifier NCA 2
- Notifier Onyx NFS2-640
- Notifier NFS-3030
- Notifier NFS-320
- Omron FINS
- OPC UA
- Passive XPath
- Pentadyne Serial
- Pneumatic Products ADC
- Point Six Wireless
- Rapid Eng ICSii
- ROC Opcode x
- ROC TLP x
- RussElectric Model 2000
- Satchnet SNP
- Schneider Electric Cassia
- Secutron Model R
- Setra Digital PressureGage
- SIA Codes
- Siemens Fire Safety MXL/XLS/FSI
- Silent Knight
- Silent Knight 6000 and Farenhyt
- Simplex Grinnell 4100
- Simplex Grinnell TFX Minerva
- SMA Webbox
- SNMP STD
- Sparkplug B
- Telnet Alarms
- TOA VS900
- Vaisala Weather
- XML Over HTTP
- XML Schedule
- XProtect CCTV
Single and Dual Ethernet Port QuickServer Specifications
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 70°C (-4 to 158oF)
- Relative Humidity: 10-95% RH non-condensing
- Intput: 24VAC 0.125A, 12-24VDC 0.25A @12 VDC
- Max Power: 3W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 4 x 1.1 x 2.7 in (10.16 x 2.8 x 6.8cm)
- Weight: 0.4 lbs (0.2 Kg)
- Capacity: 250 points FS-QS-20XX, 500 points FS-QS-22XX, 3000 points FS-QS-23XX, 5000 points FS-QS-24XX
- Capacity: 250 points FS-QS-30XX, 500 points FS-QS-31XX, 3000 points FS-QS-32XX, 5000 points FS-QS-34XX, 10,000 points FS-QS35XX-f.
- Baud: 9600, 19200, 34800, 57600, 76800
- Serial (Galvanic Isolation) Ports: 1 x RS485, 1 x RS232/RS485
- Ethernet Port: 10/100baseT, MDIX, DHCP
- Baud: 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, 115000
- Serial (Galvanic Isolation) Ports: 1 x RS485, 1 x RS232/RS485
- Ethernet Ports: 2 x 10/100BaseT, MDIX, DHCP
DIN rail mount included
- UL 60950-1 and CAN/CSA C22.2
- BTL marked and UKCA compliant
- IC Canada & KC certification
- RoHS3 and WEEE compliant
- CE and FCC Class B & C Part 15
How to purchase a QuickServer
CONTACT US. The user can pre-select two protocol drivers to be configured on the QuickServer as part of the base product. Common combinations of drivers include two or more of Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, BACnet/IP, BACnet MS/TP, LonWorks, Metasys N2 by JCI, and SNMP. However, with support for more than 150 protocols, the integrator has ultimate flexibility.
QuickServer units can be configured in the field, with all the necessary instructions and software being included with the QuickServer. Configuration of the Gateways, especially mapping the points from one protocol to another can get a bit tricky if the user does not have experience configuring gateways, Chipkin offers and highly recommends custom configuration service. Over 90% of clients will require help with configuration. If the user prefers the unit to be pre-configured prior to delivery, we can also provide that service, but the client will need to provide us with the information required for configuration.
The QuickServer is approved across a variety of standards, including UL 916, CE, and RoHS. Protocol certifications include the BTL Mark, LonMark, and DNP3 Conformance. These approvals and certifications assure our customers that we carry only the highest quality of standards-compliant products.
With multi-protocol flexibility, ease-of-use, wide deployment, and world-class technical support from Chipking, the QuickServer protocol gateway is truly the Swiss Army knife of systems integration.
The whole industry can be a bit overwhelming, please CONTACT US, we are professionals and we will be able to point you in the right direction, even if it's not a product we support. Chipkin is proud to provide service and support for the products we sell. For technical support, sales, and customer service, please contact us at 1 (866) 383-1657.