BACnet Explorer - What is the USB Key Updater
The KeyUpdater.exe is an application at is used to update the USB product keys for CAS BACnet Explorer.
- Extract the three files included in the Zip archive to a temporary directory (C:\temp\)
- Run the 'KeyUpdater.exe' application
- Insert the USB product key, It should look similar to this. A green LED should illuminate if property connected.
- Click the "Update Key" button
If the key was updated correctly, you should get a dialog that says "Done"
You might get an error message like this one:
This error message can happen for the following reasons:
- The USB key is not plugged in. Please ensure that the USB key is plugged in and the internal LED is illuminated.
- The wrong USB key is used. The USB product key looks like this. Ensure that you are using the correct USB key.
- The USB key is plugged in to a USB hub that does not have enough power to program the USB key. Plug the USB key directly in to the PC.
- The application is missing the two included DLLs. (This application requires two DLLs, included with the application to run properly).
- The application is run from within a Zip file instead of a temporary directory. Some Zip applications do not extract all the files from a archive before running the EXE. Extract the files to a temp directory before attempting to run this application.