A Chipkin Gateway is a protocol converter that converts data from one protocol and makes it available to devices that support a different protocol. The Gateway typically sends polling messages, extracts any data values and stores the values in an internal database. The data is then made available via other protocol-specific formats.
As an example, a Veeder Root gateway polls for data using the VeederRoot® TLS protocol over serial or TCP/IP. The data is then served via Modbus (TCP or RTU), BACnet IP, or HTTP. All of these options are available simultaneously
Chipkin provides both Hardware versions and soft versions of our Gateways. Our software Gateways runs on any compatible version of windows. This means you can select your own computers of any format to run them on or you can run them on a server.
Chipkin provides solutions, not boxes. We work with our clients to ensure the solution to their problems is customized to their needs.
CONTACT US we are happy to provide a free consultation on your integration related project. Even if we do not carry a solution, we may be able to build one for you.
- Easy Configuration: The gateway requires minimal configuration and can be considered a plug and play component of a system, in that it is ready to operate out of the box with the default configuration.
- Protocols Supported: Supports a wide number of protocols including BACnet IP, Modbus TCP/RTU, Veeder-Root, and many others.
- Easy to add new protocols: The gateway has been build in a way that makes it easy to implement other protocols. If you need a custom gateway, this device is for you.
- Supports many different commands: E.g. Push to Web, act as a Data Client/Logger, etc.
- Max point count: supports up to 2000 points. Talk to us if you require more.
- Serve to Enterprise: Use XML and other enterprise protocols.
- Has a micro SD card slot: With a Micro SD card, it can record and store data for later use.
See below for a matrix of Chipkin Gateway:
We also have Software Gateways that are Windows-compatible:
Specifications for Hardware Data Clients
The following specifications are common to all Chipkin gateways and Data Clients (accept the Software based products.
- Certifications: UL and ULc approved
- 10/100BASE-T with RJ-45 connector
- 1x RS232 port
- 1x RS485 port
(different models have additional ports)
- Power: 7 â€“ 24 VDC through an external power supply
- Operating temperature: 0 â€“ 70 Â°C (32 â€“ 158 Â°F)
- LEDs: link, speed/data, power
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 107 x 83 x 25 mm (4.2 x 3.25 x 1 in.)
- Connection type: RS485 (jumper change to RS232)
FREE CAS BACnet Explorer with the Purchase of a BACnet Device!
Purchase a device from us that contains any BACnet protocol and we will help you test and document the BACnet interface by providing a free full license to the CAS BACnet Explorer. The USB key and booklet ships with the device. For more information, please CONTACT US.