KNX Systems Integration
Intro to KNX
KNX is a standardized OSI-based network communications protocol for building automation. The KNX standard is administered by the KNX Association. Thus, any product labelled with the KNX trademark is Rigorously tested for conformity by KNX accredited test labs. There are more than 7000 KNX certified products in the market which allow for the integration of:
- Heating/ventilation and Air Conditioning control
- Shutter/Blind and shading control
- Alarm monitoring
- Energy management and Electricity/Gas/Water metering
- Audio and video distribution
On top of that, you can enable access to the system via LAN, analog or mobile phone networks for having a central or distributed control of the system via PCs, Touchscreens and Smartphones.
Source: KNX Association. For further information, visit www.knx.org
KNX Gateways: AC interfaces and Multi-Protocol Integration
Chipkin provides a wide range of KNX products and interfaces to allow an easy and complete integration for your KNX installation. Use our solutions for automation systems, building management systems, fire and security panels and many other and integrate them simply on your KNX BMS, PLC or SCADA.
See below for the main hardware platforms for KNX provided by Chipkin which are the QuickServer, IntesisBox and EZ Gateways:
The KNX QuickServer (FS-QS-1220-XXXX) is a high-performance, fully configurable, and cost-effective protocol gateway for integrating many Siemens KNX System.
The Gateway comes enhanced (500 points) and connects to RS232 ports. Chipkin knows this protocol to source code level. We offer expert support (Level 1,2) and configuration from day 1.
KNX gateways are available to convert KNX to over 150+ protocols. For a comprehensive list, please click here or, Please Contact Us for a free consultation.
KNX EZ Gateway
The KNX EZ Gateway to BACnet (FS-EZX-KNX-BAC or FS-EZ2-KNX-BAC) is an easy-to-use, high-performance building and industrial automation protocol gateway.
Chipkin knows this protocol to source code level. We offer expert support (Level 1,2) and configuration from day 1.
Chipkin provides KNX gateways for over 150+ protocol conversions. For a list, please click here or, Please Contact Us for a free consultation.
IntesisBox KNX Gateways have been specially designed to allow supervision and bidirectional control of all the parameters and functionality of LonWorks, Modbus, BACnet/IP or EnOcean devices from KNX installations.
- Direct connection to field bus (no additional adapters required) KNX/TP, LON TP/FT10, RS485, RS232, Ethernet, wireless
- Great integration flexibility
Easy integration of VRF air conditioning systems and Chillers equipped with LON, BACnet, or Modbus gateway, with templates available in LinkBox software for different integrations, i.e. Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric, Sanyo, Fujitsu, LG, Toshiba, Ciatesa, Hitecsa, Lennox, Carrier, etc. You can integrate almost anything in your KNX projects: Meters, PLC’s, AC, Chillers, HMI, card readers, thermostats, room controllers.
Chipkin provides KNX gateways for a large number of conversions (over 150+ protocols). For a list, please click here or, Please Contact Us for a free consultation.
IntesisBox - KNX gateways for Air Conditioners
Specially designed, in collaboration with several manufacturers like Mitsubishi Electric, Daikin, Panasonic, LG, Samsung, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, etc. to allow supervision and bidirectional control of all the parameters and functionality of Air conditioners and zone controlled systems from KNX installations.
- Easy installation
- Great integration flexibility, with direct configuration from the ETS or using the Intesis LinkBoxEIB software
- Possibility to use KNX temperature sensor to control the Air Conditioner
- Advanced functionality for a high degree of comfort and energy savings
Chipkin provides Intesis KNX Gateways for a wide number of conversions. For a list, see below or, Please Contact Us for a free consultation.
List of KNX QuickServer and EZ Gateways (Protocol Converters)
- KNX to Modbus RTU
- KNX to BACnet
- KNX to BACnet IP
- KNX to BACnet MSTP
- KNX to LonWorks
- KNX to Modbus TCP
- KNX to BACnet Ethernet
- KNX to Metasys N2
- KNX to AB CSP
- KNX to Cleaver-Brooks Hawk
- KNX to Caterpillar
- KNX to BACnet PTP Serial
- KNX to Carrier DataLink
- KNX to EST3 Serial
- KNX to Ethernet IP
- KNX to Modbus ASCII
- KNX to TAC INet 2000
- KNX to Modbus Plus
- KNX to XML
- KNX to Veeder Root
- KNX to DNP 3.0
- KNX to GE-SRTP
- KNX to Mudbus Jbus
- KNX to Notifier Onyx 640
- KNX to Profibus DP Slave
- McQuay to KNX
- KNX to Notifier INA
- KNX to Data Aire DAP
- KNX to Data Aire DART
- Secutron to KNX
- KNX to RussElectric Model 2000
- KNX to Silent Knight
- AB CSP to KNX
- KNX to M-Bus
- KNX to ATMI ACM
- Notifier Italia AM6000 to KNX
- Fike Cheetah to KNX
- KNX to Notifier 200/300/400
- KNX to Bacnet Ethernet
- KNX to Lutron Machine
- KNX to Notifier 3030
- KNX to SNMP
- KNX to Gardner Denver
- KNX to Grinnell TFX Minerva
- KNX to Modbus Tek-Air
- Hochiki Serial Driver to KNX
- Notifier 1010/2020 to KNX
- Canatal to KNX
- Zellweger Infratox to KNX
- KNX to Notifier NCA
List of IntesisBox KNX Gateways
- Arçelic VRF Systems to KNX Gateway
- BACnet to KNX Gateway
- Daikin AC Domestic Units to KNX Interface
- Daikin AC Domestic Units to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
- Daikin VRV Sky Systems to KNX Interface
- Daikin VRV Sky Systems to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
- EnOcean to KNX gateway
- Fujitsu RAC and VRF systems to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
- Haier VRF and Commercial Lines Systems to KNX Gateway
- Hitachi Air-to-Water to KNX Interface
- KNX to ASCII gateway
- KNX to BACnet Gateway
- KNX to LonWorks Gateway
- KNX to Modbus Gateway
- LG VRF Systems to KNX Gateway
- LG VRF Systems to KNX Gateway with Binary Inputs
- LonWorks to KNX Gateway
- Midea VRF and Commercial Lines Systems to KNX Gateway
- Mitsubishi Electric AC to KNX Interface
- Mitsubishi Electric AC to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
- Mitsubishi Electric AC Multi-Systems to KNX Gateway
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SuperLink Systems to KNX Gateway
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries FD and KX6 systems to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
- Modbus to KNX gateway
- Panasonic Etherea AC Units to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
- Panasonic VRF Systems (CZ-CFUNC2) to KNX Gateway
- Panasonic Aquarea Air-to-Water to KNX Interface
- Panasonic Air-to-Water to KNX Interface
- Panasonic FS and FSM Systems to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
- Panasonic ECOi and PACi Systems to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
- Samsung NASA VRV Systems to KNX Gateway
- Toshiba AC TCC-Link to KNX Gateway
- Toshiba VRF and Digital Systems to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
- Universal IR Air Conditioner to KNX Interface with Binary Inputs
BACnet for Field Technicians (Free!)
Learning about BACnet? Want to update your BACnet knowledge? This free EBook will guide you through basic and advanced BACnet topics.
You can purchase a hardcopy of this book from Amazon or you can download the BACnet for Field Technicians for free from our website.
FREE CAS BACNET EXPLORER WITH THE PURCHASE OF A BACNET GATEWAY!
Purchase a FieldServer or CAS Gateway from us that contains any BACnet protocol and we will help you test and document the BACnet interface by providing a free full license to the CAS BACnet Explorer and a hardcopy of the BACnet booklet.
The USB key and booklet ships with the product.
Thanks for choosing Chipkin’s protocol gateways, data clients, and integration services to meet your building and industrial automation requirements!
Chipkin™ is a building and industrial automation protocol expert. We develop, configure, install and support gateways (protocol converters), data loggers and remote monitor and controlling applications. Founded in October 2000, Chipkin provides expert solutions for converting BACnet®, Modbus®, and LonWorks®—to name just a few—and enabling interfaces for HVAC, fire, siren, intercom, lighting, transportation and fuel systems. The high-quality products we offer (including those from other vendors) interface with Simplex™, Notifier™, McQuay™, GE™ and many others—so you can rest assured that we will select the most appropriate solution for your application.
With Chipkin you are buying a solution. Our configuration expertise in this field combined with free BACnet and other tools ensure your success; and our customer support via phone, e-mail, and remote desktop tools means that we’re there when you need us. Chipkin is a small responsive company, and we live or die by the quality of our service—and with offices in two-time zones—we can provide support when you need it. Give us a call now!
Chipkin is proud to provide support for the products we sell. For technical support, sales, and customer service, please contact us at 1 (866) 383-1657